Treatment and recovery from an eating disorder can seem overwhelming. It’s essential to have the right people supporting you.
Binge Eating Disorder, Bulimia Nervosa, Anorexia Nervosa, OSFED and ARFID all require a team of health professionals to strengthen treatment and recovery. Carly can support the nutrition counselling part of your journey.
A dietitian works to get you to a better place with food, eating, behaviours and your body. As part of the care team, a dietitian can provide the following:
- Identify food and body related issues that may need further assessment from other health professionals in order to get a diagnosis
- Explore and challenge food fears, food rules and disordered behaviours regarding food and eating
- Assist in reducing the distress surrounding food and body related thoughts, feelings and behaviours
- Provide support and information, often dispelling myths regarding the body, health and nutrition
- Work with someone to develop lifelong skills and beliefs that will support a more positive relationship with food and body